For the safety and enjoyment of all visitors and to protect the beauty of Meijer Gardens, please respect these rules during your visit.
- Stay on the pathways and mowed lawn areas.
- Do not touch or climb on the sculptures. Light touching is allowed only for these two sculptures: The American Horse and Fred and Lena Meijer
- Do not climb any sculptures, trees, walls, fountains, rocks or waterfalls.
- Do not wade or swim in ponds or streams.
- Children must be supervised, at all times.
- Picnicking is allowed only in designated areas.
- We are a smoke-free environment. Smoking of any kind, including e-cigarettes or similar devices, is not permitted.
- Due to Michigan state law, no alcohol may be brought onto the grounds or into our facilities. Prohibited alcohol will be confiscated. Violators may be asked to leave the premises.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the sculpture galleries or gift shop.
- Pets are not allowed. Properly trained service animals are welcome.
- Do not feed or handle wildlife.
- No bicycling, skateboarding, rollerblading, jogging, skiing, et cetera.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn, at all times.
- Photography for personal use may be taken in all public areas, unless otherwise noted.
Please see our Photo Policy for more information on photography at Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park.
Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park is committed to providing a safe, inclusive, respectful environment for all guests. Meijer Gardens staff, volunteers, and guests have the right to an environment free from abusive and/or threatening behavior; this includes the use of derogatory or offensive language regarding race, ethnicity, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, or national origin. In the event of such behavior or other conduct that is disrespectful to staff, volunteers, guests, and property at Meijer Gardens, we reserve any and all rights permitted by applicable law, which includes removal, revocation of membership privileges, and prosecution. Meijer Gardens also reserves the right to determine what constitutes unacceptable behavior.
The risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that may lead to severe illness and death. Senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.By visiting Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park, you assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.